Pistachios are one of the healthiest nuts that exist. Just 100 gr. of these nuts have 540 calories, which doesn’t exactly make them ideal for weight loss. However, they’re great for our health.
Pistachios are delicious and can improve the health of our cardiovascular system and metabolism as well. By reducing the high cholesterol in our blood, they significantly reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems. Here are a few reasons why pistachios should become a part of your diet:
- They contain a great amount of lutein, a powerful antioxidant that can prevent the accumulation of fat in the arteries and reduce the inflammation in the body.
- Pistachios can boost your libido by 51% thanks to the presence of certain essential fatty acids.
- The nuts contain vitamin E and gamma-tocopherol which can reduce the risk of different types of cancer.
- Pistachios are rich in fiber which will boost your digestion and help your body function properly.
- Pistachios are rich in carotenoids which can protect your eyesight and reduce the risk of cataract.
- Consume 5-10 pistachios a day to delay the aging process and improve the quality of your skin.
Although beneficial, pistachios are highly caloric and should be consumed in moderation. Buy pistachios in shells and count each one you eat to prevent overeating.