Have you ever tried lemongrass-ginger tea? This super-healthy tea is an excellent booster for your immune system and is an effective home remedy for various health problems. For therapeutic use, you should drink 500ml to a liter of this tea on a daily basis.
Combined together, lemongrass and ginger give us the most powerful and effective drink. This tea is significantly beneficial for those who:
- have a highly acidic blood
- are juice fasting/feasting
- want to lose weight
- want to improve their immune system
- are undergoing a detox program
- have yeast, bladder or urinary tract infection
- have a health problem related to imbalanced intestinal flora
How to make lemongrass-ginger tea
For a 500 ml (17 oz) glass of tea, you will need the following ingredients:
- 600 ml (20 oz) pure drinking water.
- 3 big lemongrass bulbs
- 1 torch ginger bud
- 2 inches ginger root
Note: old ginger is more pungent than the young one.
You can multiply the above portions accordingly if you want to make the bigger volume of tea!
- Boil 600 ml (20oz) of water in a non-aluminum pot
- Cut the ingredients in order to release the oils, fragrance, and phytonutrients
- Place the ingredients into the boiling water and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes
- Then, turn off the fire and cover the pot with lid. Let it steep for 20-30 minutes
- Make sure to strain well. If you want, you can add 1 tablespoon raw honey or stevia. You should drink this tea every day while it is still warm.
Tip for busy people: Those that do not have enough time to prepare it in the morning are recommended to prepare the tea in the night. Leave it in the pot to cool then in the morning just boil it again and pour into a thermal flask so you can drink it at work. You can drink it during the day but make sure not to keep it for more than 24 hours.
Lemongrass-ginger tea has a diuretic effect, so you will be going to the toilet more often. The tea will act effectively by eliminating the toxins out of your body. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water so you can be able to continue with the elimination of toxins.